ROBIN BARTEE, MSW, LCSW, ERYT
The path to contentment consists primarily of getting out of our own way.
At least that’s what they tell us in yoga. And I’ve found it to be true, more often than not. You may have discovered this for yourself already. Have you noticed a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over? To let anxious thoughts ruin your day, or your sleep? To hold onto the belief that you are not enough? Or to unconsciously sabotage the beautiful parts of your life that you’ve worked so hard to create?
It’s natural. We all have patterns of behaviors and reactions that don’t serve us anymore. Through the practice of mindfulness, you can learn to be present in the moment and to actively choose your thoughts and emotions, so that you can respond instead of just react to whatever life brings.
Whether it is through mindfulness-based therapy or therapeutic yoga, I am delighted to join you in the sacred adventure of becoming the person you want to be.
I work with youth and adults in individual and group therapy, and individual and group therapeutic yoga classes.
My areas of focus include self-care, stress and life transition, chronic pain and illness, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, and trauma. Evidence-based and evidence-informed practices I use include trauma-informed care, the Nurtured Heart Approach, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/ “tapping”).
Therapeutic yoga can often help you explore those experiences and feelings that you just can’t put into words. By approaching the imbalance, stress, or discomfort from the outside-in, we can often find a place to work that doesn’t rely on insight or explanation. Please note that yoga is not covered by insurance and is self-pay only.
LGBTQ+ affirming, transgender affirming.
• MSW in Bilingual/Bicultural Social Work, New Mexico Highlands University, 2012.
• BA in Psychology, Western Kentucky University, 1998.
• Yoga Teacher Training and Apprenticeship Program, YogaNow, 2007.
• Yoga Alliance designated as an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (eRYT).
• Adjunct Faculty at New Mexico Highlands University School of Social Work.
• Served as a therapist with children, youth, immigrants, refugees, and people experiencing homelessness and severe mental illness.
• Presented at the Nurtured Heart Global Summit on theater as therapy with traumatized teens.
Robin also teaches a Trauma-Informed Yoga class and Mindfulness-Based Group Therapy on Saturdays and Wednesday evenings.