Lorene King, MA, LPCC
I believe all people have an inherent need to feel understood and connected to others. I strive to provide a safe, validating space for change and healing to occur. The therapist/client relationship is the most important part of the therapeutic process. Dr. Arnold A. Lazarus once stated, “The therapeutic relationship is the soil that enables the techniques to take root.” Harmful thoughts and perceptions may influence behavior and create issues in a person’s life. I help clients focus on solutions by employing strategies to overcome these harmful thoughts and perceptions. I work under a trauma-informed and holistic philosophy as I believe that true change comes, not just from symptom reduction, but treating the whole person.
• Works with children, teens and adults in individual, couples, and family counseling.
• Specializes in depression, anxiety, trauma, and parenting issues.
• Uses CBT, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing and Solution Focused approaches
• Received Master of Arts in Guidance and Counseling, Concentration in Professional Counseling from New Mexico Highlands University in 2013
• Worked as a Therapist in several outpatient agencies in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho
• Worked as a Clinical Supervisor in a treatment foster care agency
• Worked as a Case Manager for the elderly, blind and disabled as well as with children in treatment foster care for many years prior to becoming a therapist