JOIN OUR TEAM
Would you like to soar? Would you like a private practice without the stress of marketing your services and dealing with insurance companies? Then we might be the right fit for you! All of our counselors are independent contractors, and choose their days and times or availability, what type and how many clients they would like to see, and how to provide therapy. No micro-managing here!
We are always interested in contracting with new therapists. Finding people who fit well in our organization is something that means a lot to us; so we devote time to it regularly. If you aren’t looking you won’t find it, we believe. We also believe that fit works both ways; we want to make sure that our organization is what you are looking for as well.
Application instructions are at the bottom of this page.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for therapists who are independently licensed in New Mexico with an LPCC, LCSW, LMFT or Psychologist license and willing to work as independent contractors.
- Therapists with at least 5 years experience tend to attract the most client referrals.
- We have a very diverse practice, so the most successful therapists have the ability to work with multiple backgrounds.
- Our referral base includes children, individuals, couples, and families. A therapist does not need to be willing to see all of these categories but should be comfortable in at least two.
- We have found a few key traits that make for a successful contractor:.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Sense of Humor
- Strong Work Ethic
What we want you to know about us
- Elevation Counseling provides referrals, marketing, credentialing, administration, front office support, scheduling, insurance verification, billing, and office space. All counseling and therapy is provided by independently licensed counselors in the manner they find clinically best for their clients.
- We practice operate in a cloud based electronic recording keeping system. To comply with insurance and Medicaid requirements, contractors must be able to use electronic medical records.
- We operate electronically wherever possible, therefore therapists will need their own laptop or mobile device of their choice to enter notes, access schedule, access patient files, etc.
- We do not micromanage. If you work better with this style of private practice, we are not the place for you.
- We do not dictate what your schedule is; however, we can tell you times that are most desirable for referrals.
- We do not have a quota of clients that must be seen in a particular time frame. You determine what your capacity is and how you would like to organize your schedule.
- We do not believe in lots of paperwork; we have tried to streamline our paperwork to what is necessary.
- We believe in making work easy for people to do. We want therapy to be your focus, not something else.
- We are a group practice; we are not a facility. We operate in accordance with the laws and guidelines of group practices.
- We believe in great places to work. We care about the people working with us and for us. We work very hard to have a positive, affirming work environment.
- We do not ask that you only work with us. Because our therapists are independent businesses, many therapists also work elsewhere so that they have variety, something we find is very important to therapists. We can also provide variety by giving both school and office clients.
- We believe that change is a positive thing. We are continually looking at processes and working towards better ways of doing things. We love suggestions and people willing to think outside of the box.
- We really like our clients and believe that they are why we are here. We have a strong belief about customer service and how to treat people. Even if we are not the organization for someone, we try to help them on that journey.
- We believe in fit when looking for a therapist. We try very hard to get to know our therapists so that we can refer appropriate clients to them. When we don’t get this right, we try to fix it right away. And because therapists are independent contractors they are never required to take clients.
- We like communication, about everything. We prefer that someone over communicates, rather than under. Frankly, we don’t believe that there is such a thing as over communication.
- We know that we don’t always get everything right; what we can say, however, is that we will apologize and try to quickly find a better way.
- We really like what we do and we believe in it. We really like coming to work and smiling.
A word about school positions
We have a contract with the Albuquerque Public Schools to provide services in several schools. School positions work slightly differently than office positions. The same qualities and qualifications are sought for our therapists but the environment is different. Therapists see clients in schools rather than our office. In working with the schools, a therapist is providing the same mental health services that they would in our office; however, the referrals are channeled through the school health and wellness team. This means that school positions require a lot of team work and ability to work with school staff. Communication with Elevation administration is also paramount for school positions; since a therapist is off-site, they need to communicate even more heavily with billing and staff at our office. A therapist in the schools also has more responsibility to manage clients and intake paperwork than a therapist in our offices.
If all of this sounds great, then please:
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Complete our Therapist Questionnaire
Applicants who complete the requirements and match our needs will be contacted for a phone screening before an in person interview.